The parade will be held Saturday, July 3, 2021
TIME & PLACE: High School Band Room
- 7:30 a.m. Ordered UJB Shirts available (incoming students free) (may reuse from previous years)
- 8:00 a.m. Rehearsal
- 9:00 a.m. Bus to parade Route
- 10:00 a.m. Parade Begins
- 11:00 a.m. Bus back to UHS
- 11:30 a.m. Students should be done for the day
Khaki shorts, white socks, white tennis shoes and **the official white “UJB Shirt” of the UHS Marching Band. Incomign members and those who purchased a new shirt prior to June 11th will be able to pick them up on the morning of the parade starting at 7:30 a.m. Orders must be paid via the Activities Store prior to shirt pick-up.
We will play Patriotic Spectacular, the School Song (Confidence) and the Drum Cadence. Remember to bring your Flip Folder and Music Lyre (available from Riemans or other music dealers: see June News for specific model #’s). Tubists, bring your Tuba mouthpiece to use in the Sousaphones. Horn players, please use your horn mouthpiece and adaptor in the mellophones.
It’s important that students prepare the music in advance of the parade. Our rehearsal plan will be to run the song once inside the band room and then move outside to set a parade line-up, practice playing, marching, and turning the corners all at the same time. Also – be in shape. It takes a bit of energy to march the 1.8-mile route while playing and carrying an instrument!
PARADE DRUMLINE REHEARSALS:
Snares, Tenors, Bass Drums, and Cymbals will have extra rehearsals prior to July 3rd
(Battery = Snares, Tenors, Bass Drums):
- June 28th – 9:00 AM – Noon (Battery Only)
- June 29th – 9:00 AM – Noon (Battery Only)
- June 30th – 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM (Battery Only)
- July 1 – 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM (Battery Only)
- July 2 – 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM (All Percussionists)
We will prepare the cadence, Patriotic Spectacular, and the School Song.
See you then!!