Band Placement Auditions
In preparation for second semester, we will be holding optional band placement auditions prior to Thanksgiving break. We will be placing students into three ensembles based upon their band placements last year.
If students would like the opportunity to move up a band, they need to submit a video recording by Nov. 24th. The audition material will include the following:
- Segment #1 – All 12 Major Scales
- As many as you can perform in 3 minutes.
- They should be performed in the circle of 4ths (scale sheet order) if at all possible.
- Segment #2 – Chromatic Scale
- Increasing point totals will be awarded for meeting the following tempos: 8th=80, 8th=110, 16th=88
- Additional octaves will also be rewarded.
- Segment #3 – Etudes
Audition 2020 – Flute Scales – Flute
Audition 2020 – Oboe Scales – Oboe
Audition 2020 – Clarinet Bass Clarinet Scales – Clarinet Bass Clarinet
Audition 2020 – Saxophones Scales – Saxophone
Audition 2020 – Trumpet Scales – Trumpet
Audition 2020 – Horn in F Scales – F Horn
Audition 2020 – Bassoon Trombone Euphonium Scales – Bassoon Trombone Euphonium
Audition 2020 – Tuba Scales – Tuba
Audition 2020 – Mallets Scales – Mallets
Students should record each segment listed above in one, uninterrupted take. After recording 3 separate segments, students are to then edit those three segments into one single video file and upload this to google drive.
Video creation instructions below: